Thursday, June 11, 2015

ASL

When I first arrived to the Montessori School I noticed that people were using sign language.  This was very intriguing to me and I wanted to learn as much as possible.  American Sign Language is used in my classroom for asking certain questions and giving instructions.  Imagine how much this controls the volume level and peaceful environment!  Students know the sign for restroom, toilet, water, eat, now, sit, stand, line-up, walk, stop, art, music, library, recess, gym, lunch, and many more.  I fell so in love with using ASL and sign language that my husband and I are now in the process of adopting a little boy from China that is Deaf. :)  We are currently taking ASL classes and learning more signs each day!  Anyone can incorporate ASL into their classroom, and trust me .....you will not regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment